Despite the recently announced delay for all versions of Crysis Remastered, the Switch version will still launch on the previously planned release date of July 23, as developer Crytek has already announced.
Here’s an overview of the game, via Nintendo.com:
The classic First Person Shooter from Crytek returns with the action-packed gameplay, sand box world, and thrilling epic combat you loved the first time.
- Suit Up: Your Nanosuit’s speed, strength, armor, and stealth allow for creative solutions for every type of combat.
- Adaptability: In ever-changing environments, adapt your tactics to dominate on battlefields ranging from frozen forests to alien environments.
- Customization: A huge arsenal of modular weapons provides unprecedented control over playstyle, with choices ranging from experimental to alien.
- Conquering: Enemy-like AI requires a strategic and flexible playstyle, as new challenges — including zero-g battlefields — require players to attack and be proactive.
- Explore: Choose your own path through the open world of Crysis, destroy obstacles, drive vehicles and use the environment itself to fight your enemies.
What starts as a simple rescue mission becomes a battlefield of a new war when foreign invaders swarm the North Korean island. Armed with a powerful Nanosuit, players can go invisible to stalk enemy patrols, or power up to destroy vehicles. The Nanosuit’s speed, strength, armor, and stealth allow for creative solutions for every type of combat, while a massive arsenal of modular weaponry provides unprecedented control over playstyle. In an ever-changing environment, adapt tactics and equipment to dominate your enemies, in an enormous sandbox world.
Crysis Remastered is also planned for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.